Here’s an item from the photo page of the April 20 1933 edition of the Toronto Daily Star, featuring a young boy who was quite large.
I did a search for Jules Tewlow, and found a number of results that might or might not refer to the same person as the one in this photograph:
- A birth record for Jules Sylvan “Nick” Tewlow from 1927.
- A photograph of him from 1931, when he was already noticeably large.
- A better reproduction of the photograph above, from Getty Images – this mentions that he is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Tewlow, which becomes relevant when looking at:
- The marriage announcement for Jules S. Tewlow and Miss Eleanor M. Turel from the New York Times in 1964. This Jules Tewlow was also the son of Frank Tewlow.
- There were a number of references to Jules S. Tewlow related to newspapers and digital publishing, including this article from 1993.
I have no idea whether all of these references to Jules Tewlow are to the same person. I could find no photographs of an adult Jules Tewlow, so I don’t know whether he was still unusually large.